Welcome to Youth Dance Weekend!
YDW is an awesome youth-focused traditional dance and music gathering featuring lots of contra, English, and couples dancing, as well as singing, jamming, and opportunities to get to know cool people from near and far. YDW takes place in rural Vermont. The weekend is open to anyone 18 or older, and is designed to be affordable and accessible, especially to younger dancers. You can read more about the history and mission of YDW, or meet our organizing committee.
YDW 2013 Registration Dates Announced!
Registration for YDW 2013 will open June 1st and close June 22nd.
This year rather than first come, first serve, we will be holding a lottery for anyone who registers between June 1st and June 22nd with results returned no later than July 1st. You can register either by yourself, as a party of one, or with another person, as a party of two. Anyone who gets in during the lottery will then finalize their registration, while everyone else is transferred to the waitlist. Anyone who registers after the lottery will be added to the waitlist in a first come, first serve manner. Read more about the changes to our process on our Registration page.
YDW 2013 Staff Announced!
- The Mean Lids (Miriam Larson, Ben Smith, and Matt Turino) from Illinois, making music as awesome as the hats they wear.
- The Jig Lords (Brad Battey, Kendall Rogers, and Marnen Laibnow-Koser) will preside over some fine music, indeed, not restricted merely to jigs.
- Sarah VanNorstrand enchanting us with her mellifluous voice during contra dances.
- Dan Blim, master of our English dancing destiny, will take us on a rollercoaster of amazingness.
- Phase X (Christopher Jacoby and Ross Harriss) will match the wavelength to the frequency and give us a rollicking techno contra Friday night. They will also make the other performers sound good by doing sound.
Dates and Location
YDW 2013 will take place on September 27-29, 2013. Once again we’ll be at the Kinhaven Music School in Weston Vt. Registration will open sometime in May or June. You can also join our email list (below) to be notified about YDW by email. Questions? Visit the FAQ or contact the organizers.